A Congregation Which Serves
If you are a person who believes in "serving others," Yellville First Presbyterian Church offers lots of opportunities to get involved. We are involved in many areas of local mission work, all geared to serve our community and our world:
- Prepares meals for members during times of illness or grief;
- collects items for the area food closet;
- plans and hosts two birthday parties a year at the Creekside Nursing Home;
- sews, stuffs and provides items to fill Christmas stockings for children at the Yellville Food Closet and Serenity House in Mtn. Home;
- sews and makes crafts for special needs;
- provides dinner two or three times a year for the Grief Support group from Roller Funeral Home which meets at our church;
- sends snacks and baked goods to overseas military units twice a year;
- hosts weekly bible studies involving at least six other churches in the area;
- hosts quarterly luncheons, inviting all area church ladies.
- Bell ringing for the Salvation Army at Christmastime;
- stocking and mitten Christmas tree that then goes to the local schools;
- collect school supplies to be distributed between the local schools;
- produce and host annual dinner theatre, chili cookoff and bazaar (fund-raisers for other mission projects);
- contributing special collections toward Heifer, Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, or other outside-the-church mission projects.
Our church is heavily represented in community mission activities such as:
- gospel sings at the nursing home;
- serving various community governing boards (SPSF, library, MC Civic Center, Yellville-Summit Schools);
- transporting members to doctor appointment or hospital;
- providing rides to church for those who have a need;
- assisting caregivers in difficult times; visiting sick or hospitalized members;
- volunteer service at the Yellville Food Closet.