- We’re in the process of “tweaking” our Golden Spatula awards. So for another month another one of our outstanding cooks has stepped up to the plate and shared a recipe with us. Thanks to Thelma Gay for this great recipe!
|1/3 c chopped almonds||1 & 1/3 c vanilla wafer crumbs|
|3 T melted butter||3 pints vanilla ice cream|
|1 t almond extract||12 oz apricot preserves|
- Toast almonds in butter and mix crumbs and extract.
- Press layer of crumb mixture in 9" sq. pan
- Layer ice cream, drizzle apricot preserves over top, then repeat layers of crumb mixture, ice cream and preserves ending with crumb mixture.
- Freeze until firm & cut into squares.
Serves 10-12. I double the recipe for 9 x 13 dish. You can use sugar free ice cream and sugar free apricot preserves.