Shrimp (or Crawfish) Etoufee
- by Mary Thrash
...Contributed January, 2017
|2 lbs. Shrimp or Crawfish||1 c. tomato paste|
|2 sticks butter||2 tsp. black pepper|
|1 ½ c. onions – chopped||1 tsp. crushed red pepper|
|½ c. celery – chopped||1 tbsp. tobacco sauce|
|1 c. bell peppers – chopped||1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce|
|1 c. green onions – chopped||1 c. flour|
|1/3 c. garlic - chopped||broth from seafood or water|
- Saute all fresh seasoning in butter until clear.
- Add tomato paste until smooth.
- Add seafood and simmer until cooked.
- Add all remaining seasoning, tobacco and Worcestershire.
- Add flour on top of all by sprinkling lightly as blended in – at once, add liquid slowly stirring until all smooth.
- Make it the consistency of creamy sauce – (not too thick – no too thin!).
- Before serving, you may add fresh chopped green onions. Serve over your favorite rice – Mary suggests Jasmine!
- Note: Simmer the pot about 20 minutes – slow and low!