Ham 'n Cheese Egg Bake
We were all enjoying our Heritage Sunday celebration so much we forgot to vote for our July Golden Spatula Winner! This tasty sounding recipe was donated by our very own Pastor Blake Brinegar! Thanks Blake!!
- by Blake Brinegar
...Contributed June, 2017
|1½ cups (6 oz.) shredded Cheddar Cheese||1¾ cups cubed, fully cooked ham|
|1 ½ cups (6 oz.) shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese||¼ cup all-purpose flour|
|½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced||8 eggs|
|6 green onions, sliced||1¾ cups milk|
|1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped||salt & pepper to taste|
|2 tablespoons butter|
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses; sprinkle into a greased 13in.x 9in. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, saute’ the mushrooms, onions, and red pepper in butter, stir in ham. Spoon over the cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over ham mixture; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.