Congratulations to our September “Golden Spatula Award” winner, Marie Weindruch, for her delicious cabbage rolls!!
- by Marie Weindruch
...Awarded September, 2017
|1 lb. hamburger||1 lb. sausage|
|1 medium cabbage||1 can tomato sauce|
|1 tsp. chopped parsley||1 tsp. chopped chives|
|1 tsp. onion powder||1 tsp. garlic powder|
- In a large Dutch oven, bring water to a boil.
- Cut cabbage in half, place half at a time in boiling water for 3 – 4 minutes, remove from water and place on a kitchen towel to drain.
- While cabbage is draining, mix hamburger, sausage, herbs and spices in a large bowl.
- Spray light the bottom of a loaf pan.
- Remove the core from both halves of the cabbage, carefully loosen and remove leaves.
- Put about a small golf ball size portion of the meat mixture in cabbage leaf, roll, tucking in sides as you go.
- Place in the loaf pan and bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes.