Flax Seed Cornbread (vegan)
This recipe was enjoyed by all, and Jeanne is graciously sharing it with us!
- by Jeanne Simpson
...Contributed September, 2017
|2 T ground flax seeds||4 tsp baking powder|
|6 T water||¾ tsp salt|
|1 cup all-purpose flour||1 cup soy milk, almond milk or regular milk|
|1 cup cornmeal||¼ cup canola oil|
|¼ cup sugar|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray 8-in. square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add the ground flax seed, reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer the flax seed in the water for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- Add the ground flax seed mixture, soy milk and canola oil to the flour mixture.
- Beat just until smooth (do not overbeat).
- Turn into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 min. or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.