Congratulations to our November “Golden Spatula Award” winner, Linda Pierce. Linda treated us to a wonderful Strawberry Trifle!
- by Linda Pierce
...Contributed November, 2017
|1 angel food cake||1 - 9 oz. container Cool Whip-thawed|
|2 small packages strawberry jello||1 large container strawberry yogurt|
|2 cups boiling water||Large trifle bowl or mixing bowl|
|1 - 16 oz. package frozen strawberry slices|
- Bake angel food cake according to directions on package. (or buy one ready made)
- Tear the cake up into bite size pieces, putting ½ of the cake into bottom of dish.
- Mix ¾ of the yogurt and container of Cool Whip together in separate bowl.
- Put 2 packages of jello into med. bowl, add 2 cups boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Add frozen strawberries to jello and stir until just slightly thickened.
- Then pour half of the mixture slowly over the cake in dish. Try to coat as much of the cake as possible.
- Next spread half of the Cool Whip mixture over the top.
- Repeat with cake then jello with cool whip and yogurt mixture on top.
- Chill at least 4 hours or overnight is best.
NOTE: This can be made with sugar free jello!