Women's Ministry at FPC
The purpose of Women’s Ministry is to encourage women to discover, develop, and live out their unique ministry callings for God’s glory and the advancement of His kingdom. The Women Ministry Team consists of four main efforts (below). If you wish to get involved with any of these ministry efforts, contact the church here!
The purpose of this team is an opportunity for women to invoke the awesome power of God through prayer. It also allows us to bring the needs and praises of our church, friends and loved ones to the throne of God. The power of prayer helps us to grow closer to God and to each other...(more)
Prayer Warriors: You don’t even need to leave your house for this opportunity. If you decide to be on this team, you will be asked to pray every Friday morning. You would use the bulletin insert from the Sunday before and pray for those individuals listed. You would also pray for the upcoming Worship Service on Sunday and pray for all those involved in leading our Worship Service. A weekly reminder will be emailed to you with the current prayer requests and any new ones that have come up during the week.
The purpose of this team is for helping others, hopefully making their life a little easier and meeting new and different people. Missions should be something we do every day. This team is designed to serve in our church, the community and to impact the world of Christ...(more)
- Collections for the Yellville Food Closet.
Nursing Home Residents:
- Planning and hosting a birthday party in April and November.
- Bingo Partners, painting nails, writing letters, visiting, being a personal shopper, and other volunteer opportunities.
Gifts for Needy:
- Sew, stuff or provide items to stuff in the Christmas stockings for the children at the Yellville Food Closet and Serenity House in Mountain Home.
- Sewing & making various craft items for special needs.
- Provide dinner 2-3 times a year to the Grief Support group that meets at FPC.
- Send snacks and baked goods to overseas military units twice a year.
3. Study/Spiritual Growth
This team provides Women’s Bible Study for our church and other women in the community. We offer both day and evening classes. These studies are designed to help women change and grow in the Lord through group study, sharing, encouragement, and praying for each other. (more)
An opportunity to gather together in an informal setting to share our love for Jesus Christ and each other in this church and our community...(more)
Fellowship Opportunities: Quarterly potluck luncheons for all women of our church, their family and our friends in the community. Women’s Retreat Dates (coming in the future) will be published in the Church newsletter and the Sunday bulletin.